Monday, April 7, 2014

Road Trippin' : Warrenton

If you're into Pinterest and love all things crafty & decor...you need Warrenton in your life!  This two week "antique week" happens twice a year between the small towns of Roundtop & Warrenton.  What used to be one of the best kept secrets of South Texas, is now a shopping MUST for women all over the state country!  You'll experience miles and miles of fun and unique vendors, including one of my faves, Junk Gypsy, who now have a permanent store front!  Check out their story if you're looking for an inspiring read....
{For dates and information about Antique Weekend, click here}

Anyway, I always make it at least once a year, twice a year if I'm lucky!  This last weekend, my five month preggers bestie and I made the trip to our fave shopping destination.  We've learned from our years of experience that you don't go to Warrenton/Roundtop without a list.  You end up spending WAY too much money and on things you didn't really need.  So, our list for this shopping trip included:
  • Hooks or a rack for my dream of an herb garden
  • Decor for Baby Hollstin's nautical inspired nursery
And that's IT!  LoL- it doesn't sound like a lot, but trust me... its easy to get carried away...Not to worry, we still did plenty of damage!  {sorry hubbies Chris & Chris!}



A little selfie for the road!


I beg your pardon...I never promised you a rose garden!
...But how about an herb garden?!?  Check out this gorgeous wooden rack I found, with zinc baskets for the herbs!  A little moss lining and some seeds, BOOM! SUCCESS!  {I'll post pics once this project is complete}


To commemorate where the original Junk Gypsy tent once stood, there is now a fabulous junk-ified photo booth...so of course Samantha and I took advantage of the photo op that presented itself!  PHOTO CREDIT:  Sweet Mama Neubauer
Front doors of JG

Y'all come back!


2 comments:

  1. YAY.... love your new blog and congrats on your new endeavor...
    and now you may need to sit down for this... I have NEVER been to Warrenton.... AHHHHH I know!!! I live vicariously through you and the girls... I will get there one day :) I am loven your wooden rack!!! great find!!! congrats again on your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! BUT, the fact that you have not been to Warrenton is just not OK...I feel like as your friends, we are doing some kind of dis-service to you by not dragging you along to one of the many trips that have commenced throughout the years! Last weekend of September, first weekend in October- lets make a BIG girls trip out of it!

    ReplyDelete